Coco Cherry Chia Pudding
Add all the ingredients to a mason jar (or other similar size container). Mix well then mix well again. The chia seeds will clump together unless mixed thoroughly. Then place and leave in the refrigerator overnight (or around 3 hours).
I typically leave this overnight if I want to eat the following morning but have mixed it during the day then eaten as a snack later in the day. You can eat a portion then save the leftovers to eat another time. Really it is an extremely versatile dish.
Additional Comments: The look of chia pudding may take a little getting used to. White chia seeds would be good to try if esthetics are important to you. I have heard of some people grinding the chia seeds beforehand but I haven't tried that yet.
Other things to try:
- Use fresh fruit instead of dried fruit - diced strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, etc.
- Omit the coconut if you aren't a fan and it would still work
- Add some cocoa powder or raw cacao powder for a chocolate pudding. You may need a bit more honey to balance the cocoa though.
- Add a few chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs. The chocolate chips would definitely make it more of a dessert.
- Sometimes I add a splash of vanilla extract.