This as another great way to make it fun for kids to eat nutritious foods. I did this for my daughter and a friend as an afternoon snack activity. I filled and hid the eggs then the kids found them. After they snacked on the contents, they took turns hiding and finding the eggs for awhile.
I believe the food art plates are easier - at least for me - but this is a fun seasonal food activity.
Keep reading for the foods I used and a list of other nutritious options. Have fun! :)
Other foods to consider are:
- diced watermelon
- diced canteloupe or honeydew
- celery sticks
- broccoli florets
- sliced kiwi
- sliced bananas
- strawberries, blueberries, other berries (I would recommend fresh to limit clean up)
- cranberries - fresh or dried
- other dried fruits
- trail mix
- a few chocolate chips as a candy treat
- sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Consider serving a dip along with the egg contents for dipping like hummus for the veggies.
- Probably lots of other things too - focus on nutritious options. :)