I first learned how to make it when I was going through training to become a LEAN coach (a program by Dr. William Sears). It's simple - frozen juice concentrate and seltzer water, a.k.a. "fizzy water" in our house. Dr. Sears calls it "Celebration Soda". We call it "Pink Soda". The juice concentrate we started out using made a drink that was pink. We had to switch to a different concentrate so now our "Pink Soda" is technically red. Those aren't the details you really need though. ;)
Here's how I make it:
- Grab a glass. Directions for about 8 - 10 oz.
- Add a Spoonful of juice concentrate (start with a teaspoon or two and adjust from there. We use a blueberry/pomegranate flavor. Use whatever appeals to you.)
- Add Seltzer water. I like to add a small amount, mix to dissolve the juice concentrate then fill the glass.
- If you need more flavor, add a little more juice concentrate.
- If you need more sweetness, try a few drops of stevia or a small amount of agave.
- Add ice cubes and enjoy!!
I have a friend who makes an even healthier lime soda using seltzer, fresh lime juice and stevia. :) If you come up with a variation you love, let me know.